USA Dance is a non-profit organization for the purpose of promoting amateur ballroom dancing in the United States. The Northern Illinois Chapter was formed in 1996 and holds 1-2 events each month for the greater dance community of the region.
Anyone interested in joining USA Dance can send an application to the address shown on the application. Membership categories are:
- BALLROOM DANCER: A keen dancer and supporter of Dancesport who does not compete but strives to dance at proficiency levels similar to those who do compete.
- SOCIAL DANCER: A dancer who does not compete but who enjoys dancing and appreciates the physical, mental and social benefits of engaging in a regular program of dancing.
- CHAMPIONSHIP DANCESPORT ATHLETE: An adult Dancesport competitor who is only eligible to compete at the championship level in a particular style.
- DANCESPORT ATHLETE: An adult Dancesport competitor.
- STUDENT: A dancer below the age of 35 who is enrolled in school full time.
- JUNIOR: A dancer below the age of 19.
- Trainer/Associate: Someone engaging professionally in the field of dance
* "USA Dancesport" is the service mark of the United States Amateur Ballroom Dancers Association, Inc.